Sigh.
I hope I don't give my family this much trouble when I get old.
Bonnie's epilepsy is under control, as is her weight and thyroid condition. For a 13-year-old small dog, she's in decent health.
She's also totally blind. Her cataracts have progressed to the point that she can't see a thing. How this manifests itself is odd -- besides walking into walls and standing in corners because she can't figure out how to get out.
She's a constant motion machine, like those electric cars that back up and go another direction when they bump into something. It's like she's constantly looking for something and can't find it.
We vacillate between amusement, sympathy and irritation dealing with her. All of the feelings (except the sympathy) make us feel guilty.
I feel like we're in an Old Dog Period of our lives. We just got done with a couple of tough years with Max, now it's Bonnie's turn. And in a few short years it will be 8-year-old Kodiak's turn.
It's tough, although probably not as tough as it is for them.
Just got to keep remembering that.
No comments:
Post a Comment