"It's not working! We need more monkeys!"

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hakuna Matata

leslie, hard at work on the surprise
It's always great when you can bring things full circle. My friend Marybeth is the one who always goes to extreme lengths to do wonderful things for people, including all her girlfriends. This year I was determined to turn the tables. I made her a quilt, custom-designed for her with special meaning and finessed a way to get a gaggle of her friends together to stitch it together -- so she would think of all of us every time she saw it.



Then we planned a surprise getaway, to spend time with her and also to give her the quilt. And behold, it worked -- she was surprised, she loved the quilt and it was a great weekend.



When we were all younger these gatherings were few and far between, too much work and kids and other obligations. I'm not sure if we have less of them now or we are finally comfortable with making ourselves a priority. 

It's a good thing.

No comments: