Yes, here is Jessica, in her senior picture glory. She asked for her portrait 'session' to take place on the family's farm in Methow Valley and since we were traveling there for a cider press -- well, it all worked out for the best. It was a fun photo shoot, the weather was temperate and there are so many fun backdrops. She seemed happy with the outcome anyway.
It was a small cider press this year, seems like we're moving in that direction. Just B and I, and Jess, along with Leah and Michael and Shiori. No extras this year. Aunt Diane and Uncle Rick came for the last day, more to socialize than anything else. But we got homemade chili from Jann and plenty of time to b.s. around the wood stove in the shop, beer in hand.
We picked on one of the Zahn's orchards again this year. Funny how from year to year we do different things, depending on so many factors: what weekend we chose, what's ripe, what got hit by bugs etc.. We gleaned this year, after the pickers were done at the Zahn's, which was an interesting experience. This was the first time I'd picked in a large orchard of old-fashioned apple trees, instead of the dwarfs, or on the home place, which is only a few trees. Glad I didn't have to climb the ladders -- I hate that.
No comments:
Post a Comment