Come early summer B had a work conference in Washington, DC and I decided to join. We haven't traveled much since COVID so it was my first big opportunuity to "tourist" since my hospitalization. We were lucky and had no humidity to deal with. Slightly less than a week and most of the days I was on my own. I discovered that I'm probably not going to be touring many museums in the future. They are too dark for my diminished vision and too much standing around for my foot neuroma. Sigh. I do like museums, however and will try to still do them in moderation (and with a buddy for the dark rooms)
B and I did some touring before his conference, in the evenings and the Saturday before we left. The rest of the time I had to do my own wandering, which was interesting with my new limitations.
| Found a great old cemetery right next to our Alexandria hotel. I still love a good graveyard stroll. |
I enjoyed Alexandria quite a bit and all the monuments, some more than others. Some museums were closed for renovations, maybe a good thing since you can't possibly see them all.
Both B and I left our cell phones in public places (and got them back!), a good lesson in paying attention when so many things are distracting you. We had a funny encounter with a nearly naked Alexandria homeowner and had two nice meals with B's niece Christina, who lives in DC.
No comments:
Post a Comment