Eventually, he told Jess and I to go back the way we came and meet him at the trailhead. He was going to blaze ahead because he was sure the path would eventually link to where he needed to be.
I was really nervous about the time and as we hiked back I notice a rock fall that looked like it stopped just below the rimrock. What if we used the rocks like a stairwell, following it straight up the canyon to the top? I thought. We'd save so much time and not be late for picking up Josh.
Jess was game so we grunted and sweated and pulled ourselves up the hill one boulder at a time, stopping periodically to figure out which step to take next.
Luck was with us and we made it to the top with 20 minutes to spare to get Josh.
Unfortunately, B took another 30 minutes to get there and we were very late.
Will I ever learn?
No comments:
Post a Comment