"It's not working! We need more monkeys!"

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

If it's summer, this must be Portland


Well, just before everything went to hell with the fire in the Methow there was a little side trip to Portland (by Leslie). It nearly coincided with Sarah's birthday so we had a big mom-and-female-children outing that included sushi and a kick-butt production of "Book of Mormon."

Only Sarah was able to go but the same week her boyfriend Trusten had a gig singing with the Portland Cello Project in front of what looked like half of Portland. We've seen the video and he was amazing!



Then I spent some time doing family history research and made some new discoveries, just like last time. I found the exact site of the Losle/Head family farms in Orenco, something I've wondered about for years. It's full of townhomes now except the creek and forest ravine that ran through the properties. The sites were small, certainly not enough acres to sustain  a large family. The MAX line was installed on the old electric railway line and the station for both were/are at the edge of the farm boundaries. Oh, and I stopped in Multnomah school, where my mother and stepfather went to school. Very little remodeling has been done over the years so I got see that it looked like in 1930 when they attended.



And I got a little girlfriend time in, visiting with the gang at an outdoor concert along the river. 
 Not everyone made it but many did and it was great!


No comments: