"It's not working! We need more monkeys!"

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Pre-apocalypse

By May, we opted to head out for a long-overdue firewood outing with friends Steve and Debbie; we'd burned through our remaining stacks in 19-20 even though the winter was mild. Debbie has wooded acreage in Battleground area and we quickly filled the trailer and afterward relaxed by a creek nearby. Wood still needs to be chopped and stacked but we're halfway there!


As mentioned previously, winter of 19-20 was weak, no ice storms, little snow and no big freezes. My annual fuchsias actually came back in spring! And of course, it happened because I stocked up on Icemelt last year and had plenty.



Garden art at Emmanuel Hospital
I opted to get  a new group of chickens this year, to learn best practices of blending flocks of different ages. I named them Abagail, Harriet and Amelia, for female heroines in history. So far, so good. Two Ameraucanas and one Copper Dominant.

Winter/spring also brought a near health crisis, with a suspicious ovarian cyst and wonky test results. Scary stuff but by the time summer arrived it seems like it was a false alarm. Yay me!!!

No comments: